Reading Notes 2013-04-01
You will find below different links to the blog or Web site which kept Matricis' bloggers interest during the week ending on March, 31th.
- Avoid these five cloud storage pitfalls (Rick Vanover) – Good advices that will help thinking through a cloud migration.
- Tips for a successful submission to Windows Azure App Gallery (mksunitha) – Great tutorial that explains every step to create and submit a Windows Azure application, so it can be part of the Azure app Gallery.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services – for Organizations and the Enterprise (Channel 9)(Clemens V) – Nice video that focuses on the business capability of the services.
- 10 reasons to outsource your cloud (Jack Wallen) – Nice post. These are really the top reasons.
- New blob storage cmdlets in Azure PowerShell 0.6.12 (Abhishek Anand) – This post lists the great new features included in the new version of Azure PowerShell.
- 12 reasons why public clouds are better than private clouds | ZDNet (Joe McKendrick) – Aaah Murphy's law; I was talking about that just yesterday with a client. Nice post.
- Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets Now Supports Storage! (Michael Washam) – Yeah! they finally been integrated (and more polish) in the Azure PowerShell cmdlets! (before only available in azure command line, and less friendly)
- Optimized Windows Azure IaaS Disk Mobility with Save-AzureVhd (Michael Washam) – Another quick post that demonstrates how to upload a VHD in Azure storage using the new Azure cmdlets feature.
- Taking It to the Next Level (Jonathan Rozenblit) – Take your hobby to the next level.
- TFS as perfect tool for Scrum (Part 1) – Introduction in Scrum and TFS – A promising serie about Scrum methodologies and how it could be used with TFS.
- A Month of PowerShell – Day 6 (Exporting and Importing) (Wayne Sheffield) – Ah. What if I want to full text in one variable?
- A Month of PowerShell – Day 7 (Script Input/Output) (Wayne Sheffield) – Very useful cmdlets in this one to improve trace and user experience: interacting, getting feedback, etc….
- Changing ASP.NET web.config inheritance when mixing versions of child applications (Scott Hanselman) – Nice catch! A good trick to know.
- Nice Tool for Presenters who use Visual Studio 2012 – Great! I'm already using the productivity tool, but I didn't know about this feature.
- A Month of PowerShell – Day 8 (Working with Snippets in the ISE) (Wayne Sheffield) – Presenting snipetsType and their utilities.
- Understanding method lookup in Ruby 2.0 – Interesting post that goes under the hood of Ruby Language.
- A Month of PowerShell – Day 9 (Getting Started with SMO) (Wayne Sheffield) – This post focuses on MsSql tools (SMO).
- Building Single Page Apps on the Microsoft Stack (Stephen Walther) – Nice post and presentation to get started.
- Diagnosing differences between production and development – Get a better ideas of what are your options to compare database schemas.
- The ODataLib Dependency Issues in the Storage Client Library for .NET are Now Resolved – Learn why you should be happy about this new version.
- But what can I do with Windows Azure? Backups (Buck Woody) – Know better your options when it comes to backup using the cloud (Azure).
- The 30 Minute Meeting (Janine Popick) – Interesting thoughts about long meeting.
- Introducing: The New Readability for Chrome and Tags in iOS (blog.readability.com) – Wow the speed improvement of the new chrome extension is amazing.
- //BUILD 2013 Announced (David Jung MSFT) – Time to plan… 😉
- How to Use Temptation to Strengthen Your Willpower – Interesting post. Try to rest eating while reading it…
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business (Charles Duhigg) – I was very impressed by this book. I learned a lot about the brain and how it’s possible to re-program the brain.
These posts are from François Boucher and Sebastien Leclerc are also posted on http://www.frankysnotes.com/2013/04/reading-notes-88.html.