Reading Notes 2013-02-18
You will find below different links to the blog or Web site which kept Matricis' bloggers interest during the week ending on Febuary, 17th.
- Three New AWS Reference Architectures for E-Commerce – Quick access to three good architectures using different AWS components.
- Windows Azure Virtual Machines – Common Questions (Narahari Dogiparthi) – Significant source of important information for using IaaS.
[...] This blog post summarizes the best practices to be used to protect Windows Azure Virtual Machines.[...]
- All Things Distributed (Werner Vogels) – Good references on AWS Elastic Transcoder in video, perfect to make you a better idea of this beast.
- Windows Azure Powershell 0.6.10 is out and check out $DebugPreference feature to get Request and Response on PS console (Avkash Chauhan) – Great news! It's fantastic to see how active the Azure / PowerShell teams are.
- Windows Azure Guest OS Updates (Abhishek Anand) – Reference to stay updated on guest OS.
- Episode 100 – Introduction to the Windows Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs (Channel 9) – A lot of fun in this 100th show. Of course, it's not only about jokes since they are also doing a demo of Azure Service Bus Notification Hubs.
- Choosing between SQL Server in Windows Azure VM & Windows Azure SQL Database (Madhan Arumugam Ramakrishnan) – Great post to make you think about the differences between the various scenarios and the pros and cons of each of them.
- Unfortunate Things with JSON, jQuery UI Datepicker, and Dates – Because we all play with date and DatePicker one day or the other, it's good to read what other have done.
- TFS, Automated Testing and Continuous Integration (Hamada Shather) – Interesting tutorial that explains how to use TFS as a test framework.
- PowerShell Remoting – The Double Hop Problem And A Solution – This post explains a solution to a problem when running remote PowerShell script using Credds.
- Elegant Code » It’s Markdown, no, PowerShell. Wait its Markdown formatted PowerShell. (Jason Jarrett) – Nice mix of Markdown and PowerShell.
- Update to VS Git tooling – Stay updated on Visual Studio add-ons.
- Responsive web design – Convertir rapidement un site web en une version mobile (lorys pognon) – Simple tutorial that shows how to use "less" (the language) to produce a Responsive We Design.
- jQuery Object Quacks like an Array Duck (Elijah Manor) – Interesting sharing about jQuery "inner code."
- Working with SqlBulkCopy – Nice async functionality in C# 5 and other great features of SqlBulkCopy class.
- Behind the scenes of PowerShell and SQL (Rob Farley) – Very interesting post that shows how PowerShell uses SQL.
- Is Big Data the New Black Gold? (Arvind Singh) – Interesting thoughts about the value of Big Data and its future.
- How to Create your First SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Package – Part 1 (Md. Marufuzzaman) – For people who don't know SSIS, this is the perfect get started tutorial.
- BizTalk360 Windows 8 application is available in the app store (Saravana Kumar) – This great post announces not only the release of version 2 of BizTalk360 and it presence in Windows Store, but also describes most of its features.
- Copy as path instead of a send to program – Cool tips. I didn't know this one.
- Markdown – I've been playing around for 2-3 weeks now with Markdown, and I thought of sharing this for those who, just like me, didn't know about it.
- Chasing an active Social Engineering Fraud at Amazon Kindle (Scott Hanselman) – Scary story… If you own a Kindle, you must read this post.
These posts are from François Boucher and are also posted on http://www.frankysnotes.com/2013/02/reading-notes-82.html.