Reading Notes 2012-08-20
You will find below different links to the blog or Web site which kept Matricis' bloggers interest during the week ending on August, 20th.
- AWS Marketplace Update – The First 90 Days – Quick status about the AWS Marketplace.
- Multi-provider PaaSes – what exactly do they offer? – Great post where the author is sharing is toughts about the cloud. Putting your code in the cloud doesn’t make it elastic or invulnerable… you need to do it to make it happen.
- Introduction to Windows Azure Startup Tasks – Simple tutorial that is the perfect starting point for anyone who knows the basics of Azure. Nice catch for the "feature" in VS with batch scripts.
- Windows Azure Startup Tasks: Tips, Tricks, and Gotchas – This post is a great source of info and time saver.
- Windows Azure and Office 365 (Scott Gu) – Great post that passes through all the new features of Office365 and SharePoint.
- Fault-tolerance in Windows Azure SQL Database (Tony Petrossian) – Really nice article explaining the fault-tolerance, why it is needed, how it is done (replication, redundancy, detection, etc.).
- So you want to contribute to EF? Part 1: Introduction (Arthur Vickers) – Excellent series to know more about how to contribute not only with the Entity framework (EF) but also with any kind of open source project.
- [Infographic] The Hype Versus Reality of HTML5 Deployment – Nice graphic about the HTML5 reality.
- Never Act Like the Smartest Guy in the Room (John Baldoni) – Nice post about how you should be in a team and some advice for the big head…
- 10 Fresh Tips for Finding Time to Blog (Brian Milne) – Good little tips to help us enjoy blogging and find more time to do it.
- Marketing yourself as a programmer (Patrick Wyatt) – Being able to sale yourself as a good programmer is important to find a new job but also to progress and be happy in your current job.
- Outlook Is Microsoft's Answer To Everything You've Ever Hated About Hotmail (Christina Chaey) – Interesting news about the new Outlook.com, features list and evolution story.
- Productivity vs. Guilt and Self-Loathing (Scott Hanselman) – This is a good post that stimulates reflection. If you want to change something, do it progressively. Don’t try to wake up 3 hours earlier in one night…
These posts are from François Boucher and are also posted on http://www.frankysnotes.com/2012/08/reading-notes-58.html.