Reading Notes 2012-07-09
You will find below different links to the blog or Web site which kept Matricis' bloggers interest during the week ending on July, 9th.
- Windows Azure – When do I use What? (Andrew Coates) – Nice quick post that demystifies when it's the time to use a Azure website, a webrole or a VM.
- Update on the Windows Azure Accelerators (Nathan Totten) – Important notice that explains why the Windows Azure Accelerators project has become depreciated to be replaced by Azure Website.
- Run your blog on Windows Azure (Brian H. Prince) – Quick tutorial to create a WordPress blog with the new Azure Website services.
- Windows Azure Web Sites vs. Cloud Apps (Brian H. Prince) – This post explains the differences (pros and cons) about Azure website, cloud apps and VM.
- Windows Azure is a 3-Lane Highway: How to Drive It (David Pallmann) – Great post that clarifies how each parts of Azure service are working. Amazing works and the reference to the highway makes it even clearer. Put it into your to read list.
- Hadoop on Windows Azure – Wow, a fantastic post/tutorial that explains how Hadoop is working and how do some task with it.
- Mixing Node.js into Your Windows Azure Solution – Real nice article that shows how to manage files with Node.js using shared access signature.
- Monitoring your Windows Azure Web Site (Brian H. Prince) – Nice post that explains how to see the statistics of your servers with the new Azure graphic interface.
- Creating Inheritance Relationships in Entity Framework - Nice tutorial about improving your entities generated by EF.
- 5 ways to roll out a product faster – Nice article that gives 5 tips to focus and deliver a prototype as quick as possible.
- Python on Windows Azure – a Match Made in the Clouds! (Shahrokh Mortazavi) – Nice post about tools needed to get started using Python with Azure. A lot of options available.
- Windows 8: Top 10 Reasons why I choose XAML over HTML5 – Nice post that puts the emphasis on the top 10 strength of XAML.
- Windows 8: 15 More Reasons why I choose XAML over HTML5 – Great post that adds some key features support by XAML to the previous top10.
- DNC Magazine for .NET Developers – Launch Edition – Nice free magazine with a lot of content.
- Defend Your Sweet Spot (Peter) – Interesting post by Peter Bregman, the author of 18 minutes, that explains why finding and keeping your sweet spot is important.
[…] time management isn’t primarily about using minutes well, it’s about using yourself well.[…]
- 7 Things You're Doing Wrong on LinkedIn (Tom Searcy) – Nice tips that will help you (or confirm you) how to use LinkedIn in the best way.
These posts are from François Boucher and are also posted on http://www.frankysnotes.com/2012/07/reading-notes-54.html.