Reading Notes 2012-07-02
You will find below different links to the blog or Web site which kept Matricis' bloggers interest during the week ending on July, 2nd.
- Cloud Strategy Begins with Value and Balances Risk (Microsoft Enterprise Team) – Nice post that helsp to identify risks. The information is displayed in tables that helps.
- Windows Azure Performance: Best Practices (Rick Saling) – Good reference for more detail video on the topic.
[…] great video of a presentation on Federations by Cihan Biyikoglu at the 2012 US Tech Ed conference in Orlando. […]
- Windows Azure PowerShell and Ruby Cloud Services – Great post where updating is RubyRole project the author makes interesting discovery. Learn more about some new functionalities available in the Azure SDK 1.7.
- Deploying Windows Azure Website using Visual Studio Web Publish wizard – Nice quick tip to use Visual Studio with the new Azure website.
- Data Series: SQL Server in Windows Azure Virtual Machine vs. SQL Database – Great big post that covers every difference between those two Sql database. Perfect reading to stop being confuse.
- Windows Azure Websites, Virtual Machines, and More « Jonathan Rozenblit – Great! If you missed the conference at Toronto on June 20th, this is your chance to catch-up. The full conference is available to watch by steaming or offline by downloading.
- 10 Questions to ask when Outsourcing to Azure (Surf4Fun) – Good questions.
- Data Synchronization using SQL Azure Data Sync (Félix Martínez Retama) – Nice post first of a serie. This one is illustrating few possible scenarios of synchronisation with Azure Data Sync.
- Data Series: Exploring Windows Azure Drives, Disks, and Images (BradCalder) – Amazing article that passes through all details about Azure drive, disk, image and cache. A must for all cloud developers.
- New Article: Windows Azure Queues and Windows Azure Service Bus Queues (Valery Mizonov) – Very good article that perfectly summarises the content of the longer MSDN article about the difference between Azure queues and Azure Service Bus Queues. Simple easy to read and accurate.
[…] Following is the high-level technology selection considerations section from the full article on MSDN. […]
- Windows Azure – When do I use What? (Andrew Coates [MSFT]) – Nice quick post that demystifies when it's the time to use a Azure website, webrole or a VM.
- JQuery 1.8 beta 1: See What’s Coming – Wow, a lot of things are coming with the next version of JQuery. This a good post to catch the big picture.
[…] new build system based on Ben Alman’s awesome grunt tool. […]
- Reminder, basic quick fixes for troubled gear – Nice check list for non-technical people of what they can do by them self before calling you to rescue when their computer/gadget stop working.
- ScrumMaster Tales – Learning How to Estimate (Mark Levison) – Interesting post that relates the experience of an Agile team. Also refers some other post of that still.
These posts are from François Boucher and Sébastien Leclerc-Lavallée. François Boucher's posts are also posted on http://www.frankysnotes.com/2012/07/reading-notes-53.html.