Reading Notes 2012-06-04
You will find below different links to the blog or Web site which kept Matricis' bloggers interest during the week ending on June, 4th.
- IaaS and PaaS Are Merging – Thoughts on CloudFoundry, Microsoft, Amazon (Xath Cruz) – A good observation about the current trend in cloud platform providers who try to attract developers from different technologies.
- Using the Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket (and Codename “Data Hub”) Add-In for Excel (CTP3) – Nice tool and great idea. Take the well-known tool and extended it with the cloud.
- Managing session state in Windows Azure: What are the options? – This post is answering a very popular question about what is the best way to manage my sessions state… answer it depends.
- Microsoft Silverlight 5 and Windows Azure Enterprise Integration (Neil Mackenzie) – I also read the preview of this book and I remember it was very promising. It is close to the top of my to-read stack and I will not let go "deeper". I'm happy to found someone else confirm my pre-evaluation.
- Update Your Windows Azure Website in Just Seconds by Syncing with Blob Storage – Great idea! By thinking outside of the box you can do nice things and here is a good sample.
- Architectural Patterns for the Cloud (Channel 9) (Anthony de Bruyn) – I know 56 minutes is a bit long but this is a good one. Maarten is doing a nice recap of what is Azure, what is working or not working in the cloud and how it's working. The slides are also available to download.
- Think You Know Windows Azure? Think Again (Jonathan Rozenblit) – A lot of new things are coming for Windows Azure in June. Learn all the dates and the details here. The spring is finished in beauty.
- Small and Medium Enterprises Benefit From Cloud Computing and Mobile Processing - A nice article about the benefit of cloud solutions for SME.
- Quick Status of Your Windows Azure Apps with PowerShell – Really nice script. Thanks Steve!
- OData soumis à l’OASIS pour standardisation (OGDI France Team) – The version 3 of oData will be released soon. This post is an invitation to participate to the standardization of this great protocol.
- Goodbye Photoshop, Hello Cloudinary (techcrunch.com) – I like the API idea .You can have more functionalities in your own application without having to code them.
- The Magic of Visual Studio 11 Page Inspector (Sumit Maitra) - Good preview of a new tool for web development in Visual Studio 11.
- 5 Ways To Prep For Your Next, Better Job (Alice Korngold) – Nice post, however I would change the title for 5 ways to prep your working life.
- Stop Taking Yourself So Seriously – Good comparison between workout and working. It is not because someone famous is doing something that doing this thing will make you famous.
- Programmers are optimists – Funny and completely thru… What do you think?
- She let me take the computer home. – How did you get started in computers and programming? (Scott Hanselman) – Amazing story about Scott techno-birth. The force was strong in this one.
- 8 Great Twitter Tools You Aren't Using – Great tools to maximize your twitter experience. And some that I didn't know about…
- How to Speak More Strategically (Peter) – Nice post and nice reflection too.
These posts are from Francis Béliveau, François Boucher and Nicolas Rousseau. François Boucher's posts are also on http://www.frankysnotes.com/2012/06/reading-notes-49.html