Reading Notes 2013-03-04
You will find below different links to the blog or Web site which kept Matricis' bloggers interest during the week ending on March, 3rd.
- Working with Windows Azure SQL Database in PhpStorm (Maarten Balliauw) – Nice tool that provides a lots of useful features.
- Detecting Expired PKI Certificates (Wade) – Detail on the disruption of service for Windows Azure.
- Announcing AWS OpsWorks – Wow another release this week! This time it's some diagnostics beta tools.
- Developer Tools — Including Github, Zencoder, AWS (Natasha Lomas) – Great news for young start-ups companies: Starter Pack is back with a second edition.
- Glass Half Empty: Understanding Cloud Computing SLAs (David Pallmann) – This post demystifies the 9s in the SLA and attaches them to more real value.
- Windows Azure Store: The Services You Need, Where You Need Them (Himanshu Singh) – Nice list of Azure third party and data provider available right now on the Windows Azure Store.
- New Add-ons in the Windows Azure Store – 4 very promising new add-ons to Azure and I would suggest also New Relic.
- Practical Azure #13: Windows Azure Queue Storage – Nice overview video. All the features are well explained.
- Why am I Getting so Many Deadlocks From Windows Azure SQL Database? (alexandrebrisebois.wordpress.com) – Really great post that explains every detail of the problem and of its solution, even for EF.
- DefinitelyTyped TypeScript definitions now on NuGet (Jason Jarrett) – Typescript is really powerful and easy to use. And these days it’s even easier to use with all those new DefinitelyTyped package for NuGet.
- Polymorphism: Part 1 (John Teague) – Great tutorial that explains an important concept in programmation.
- jQuery Tutorial – Getting Started: Basics & Selectors (James Bruce) – A lot of people are using jQuery this day, put do you use it efficiently? This post brings some 101 best practices and is quick to read…
- Survey: Most Developers Now Prefer HTML5 For Cross-Platform Development (Frederic Lardinois) – Nice post that shows who quick the HTML5 is adopted by developers.
- Ruby 2.0.0-p0 is released – Good news. Here is an overview of the new features in this new release.
- Learning Center – Wow, I just discover this web site, and I thought to share it because it's an incredible source of information well-structured and clear.
- jQuery Mobile 1.3.0 Released – New release of jQuery Mobile the library to use for a Responsive Web Design (RWD) or for a mobile first approach.
- Is Access to Big Data Limited to Big Players? (Saroj Kar) – This post demystifies the idea of big data equal big application. Nice reading.
- What’s new in BizTalk360 v6.0? (Saravana Kumar) – Biztalk360 is old his promises by releasing a new version after 4-5 month. This post list what the changes.
- What Recruiters Want To See On Your LinkedIn Profile (Levo League Jaime Petkanics) – Nice post to help doing a quick check up of your LinkedIn profile.
- Being a Remote Worker Sucks – Long Live the Remote Worker (Scott Hanselman) – Interesting post that highlight the challenge of working remote and how to define them.
- Want To Be Taken Seriously? Become a Better Writer – Delete
- What does "Future Perfect English" mean? (Lynda Hurcomb) – Indeed! Learning another language is not as easy as saying hello, but much more rewarding.
- How to make files searchable in Google Drive – Ah! Simple AND useful.
- The Key to Being On Time – I don’t know for you but that his example look likes to have been taken from my life.
- Evernote resets user passwords after being hit by “coordinated” hack (Nathan Mattise) – Learn more about the Evernote attach and what are the "risk."
- Focus Your To-Do List – It's so true and the solution is so simple, but not that easy to do.
These posts are from François Boucher and are also posted on http://www.frankysnotes.com/2013/03/reading-notes-84.html.